Suspect Reportedly Identified in Case Basse Attack (by wine-searcher.com)

Posted: December 12, 2012 by wynmaker in Cellars, Europe, Italy, Vintage, Wine, Wineries, World wine news
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
The Case Basse Estate in Tuscany.

The Case Basse Estate in Tuscany.

 

Apparent breakthrough suggests vendetta by former employee.

Italian media say police are close to an arrest over the attack on a Brunello winery during which 62,600 liters of wine was poured into the sewers.

The attack on the Case Basse winery – a leading producer of Brunello di Montalcino – happened overnight on December 2, when the intruder, or intruders, opened the taps on the barrels holding the wine.
La Repubblica said the suspect was a former Case Basse employee, whom investigators had located in an unspecified area of Montalcino.

Any link to organized crime had been ruled out. Instead, the newspaper said, the crime appeared to be an act of retaliation by the former worker, and “the final word on the ugly affair” was expected in the next few days.

The weekly news magazine Panorama confirmed that the anti-Mafia directorate in Florence had excluded the “bleaker scenario” of Mafia involvement. It said the… read on

Also read:

Montalcino rallies round as Soldera’s Brunellos are destroyed (Decanter.com)

 

Advertisements
Comments
  1. […] Suspect Reportedly Identified in Case Basse Attack (by wine-searcher.com) […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s