Posts Tagged ‘Distilling’

 Left to right: Joel Lynam and Bryan Wilmot died after drinking home brew, while Joshua Lynam and Vincent Summers remain in hospital. Photo: Warwick Daily News.


Left to right: Joel Lynam and Bryan Wilmot died after drinking home brew, while Joshua Lynam and Vincent Summers remain in hospital. Photo: Warwick Daily News.

 

Two men have died and two more are critically ill in hospital after drinking a home-distilled spirit in Queensland, Australia.
It is thought the men have methanol poisoning after drinking the Italian grape-based spirit known as grappa.

Australia’s ABC News reported that authorities were called to a property in Ballandean in south-east Queensland, but they were unable to revive a 21-year-old man who died at the scene. They were later called back to the same house and a 30-year-old man was rushed to hospital. He was in a critical condition, but died at Toowoomba hospital.

 

Read on …